Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Belated Surprise

Who had a picnic at night before? It was my first time with KX and Nas at Marina Barrage. It was simple but surprisingly awesome. 

Why?

Two of them planned a belated birthday surprise for me. I was totally stunned. Surprised of course. 

So instead of sitting and waiting for the damn bus to come, we decided to walk to the venue from Marina Bay Station. We walked to and fro the place. Nothing to be lost, we got all the time to ourselves, chatting and catching up like old times.

The food was not that much but enough for three of us. But who cares, the best part has yet to come. There was a banana cake, singing birthday song, making wishes and blowing off the candle. That was indeed fun. And awesome of course.
Fish ball and Chicken wing from Nas, Custard and Choc Puff from me and  Drinks from KX.

And here comes the best part. There was a fire lantern bought  from Thailand. It was definitely not the first time I light up the fire lantern in my life but it is the first time I am lighting it up together with my buddies. It was like, totally touching moment for me. Writing wishes on the lantern and lanching it to the sky above. 
KX's
KX placing the fuel at the base.

A message from Nas














But good things come bundled with troubles too. Haha, but it was a pleasant trouble I would say.

As we were about to launch it to the sky, the security guard came with flashing light. We were not allowed to launch it at Marin Barrage. Awwwww! We were closed to launch it. :(

But table was turned. The security guard was rather friendly uncle, chatting with us, even helping us took photo. Yeah, a new acquaintance was made.

Our group photo. We are the Via Ferrata "The Losers Team". KX's camera is awesome, super awesome.

We left the place shortly taking a group photo. Next plan (impromptu) was to launch it somewhere further from Marina Barrage's premises. After five minutes of walking, we light the lantern for second time. This time, no wind, no car, no building, only the trees. And yea, the place was near Garden by the Bay or Garden  @ the Bay or whatsoever.

Second time was A SUCCESS. WOOHOO! We watched it flying into the sky above. Cool much! After 5 or 10 minutes, the fire extinguished and *poof* disappeared into air. Thank god, the whole thing did not get burnt. OPERATION SUCCESS.
There it is!! Our lantern!!!! Like a moon. 


Since we still have time, we walked back to Marina Bay again. This time, we talked about our plan to travel to Myanmar. This is definitely going to be one awesome trip. Travelling with my buddies, acting as their guide bringing them around my country, what more I can ask for. March 2013, I can't wait for you to arrive. Myanmar with my Mt Kinabalu buddies next year. WOOHOO!

The time has come for me to retreat to my dreamland. Today (20 June 2012) was a simple yet enjoyable day. A belated surprise cum picnic with them, it was truly lovely and pleasantly surprising. :)

That's all folks.

Signing off.